MARAMUREȘ Big Tour (two days trip)
The place where time is resting
This escorted tour start in Suceava town, end in Baia Mare (400km) or Cluj Napoca (520km). Upon request we can organize a reverse tour or to start / end trip in other place near by.
1st Day - start in Suceava or other place in Bucovina region
- Ciocanesti village - traditional painted houses in Bucovina
- Prislop Pass 1416m - Carpathian mountains panoramic view
- Dragomiresti village - traditional wood house in Maramures
- Ieud Church (14th century) - UNESCO
- Rozavlea Church (1717) - UNESCO
- Barsana Monastery - several wood buildings in traditional style
- Iza Valey - visit a place with ancient machines powered by river: corn mill, laundry of carpets on river, plum distillery of traditional drink "Palinca"
- Sighetu Marmatiei or Vadu Izei - overnight
- Sapanta Mery Cemetery - UNESCO
- Desesti Church (1770) - UNESCO, the best preserved vegetable painting
- Budesti Church (1643) - UNESCO, the largest wood church
- Surdesti Church (1721) - UNESCO, the tallest wood church in Europe 72 m.
- Optional in Sighetu Marmatiei visit - The Memorial Museum of Anticommunism Resistance or Elie Wiesel house museum - Holocaust survivor, Nobel Laureate for Peace 1986
- End trip in Baia Mare or Cluj Napoca
A. 100 Euro/person, minimum 4 persons/tour, end trip in Baia Mare.
B. 115 Euro/person, minimum 4 persons/tour, end trip in Cluj Napoca.
*** For less or more than 4 persons and customised trip, please to contact us!
*** Included services: Licenced tour guide, transport by car, minibus.
*** Price does not include: entrance fees, foto taxes, meals and accommodation
*** Meeting point - your hotel pick-up!
*** Tour duration: approx 8 hours/day
*** Distance trip: 400km/end in Baia Mare, 520 km/ end in Cluj Napoca
Upon request! we can arrange accommodation in rural guest house included traditional dinner and breakfast. During of tour we'll stop for traditional lunch: soup, trout grill, dessert and local drink Palinca.